I know we all have our own versions of this. Mine is simple (most of the time) But when we have family, friends or just because. This is my go to breakfast meal so it seems to make a morning a little more easy with a house full of people…
So the night before I go to bed…… (I promise this does not take long)
- 1 9 x 13 baking pan (I just an aluminium pan I can throw away when done sometimes) or a glass pan or stoneware (you can use what ever you have on hand)
- Cooking spray
- 1 lbs of ground sausage (you can have pork, beef, mild or hot…any type you prefer) You can even use bacon!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 bag of frozen Potatoes O’Brien – or you can use fresh potatoes you peal and cut up (You will need enough potatoes to make a layer and cover the bottom of your baking dish), or any other type of frozen potatoes you like.
- One 8 to 10 oz bag of shredded cheese – Any kind you like… I just mild cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa (optional)
Just a Note ** You can add peppers, onions and so much more to this basic recipe you can even replace the meat with veggies (instead of cooking the meat you could chop and put the raw veggies in). Try a spice kind of cheese or add a couple of different cheeses to it. There are so many things you can do! It is just up to you!!!!
The night before:
- Spray with cooking spray baking pan and set aside
- Brown sausage or cook bacon drain any grease (set aside to cool when finished)
- Take and break the dozen eggs into a large bowl and stir them up adding salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- In your prepared baking pan open the bag of potatoes and cover the bottom of the pan with them. Making a layer
- At this point I take and sprinkle a handful of the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Next add the sausage or bacon making a layer on top of the potatoes and cheese.
- Next take the eggs and pour evenly over the potatoes and sausage (or bacon)
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly on top
- Cover with tinfoil or plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator over night
In the Am:
Unwrap the casserole and place the casserole in the oven (do not preheat) turn the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour. (till the egg mixture is no longer runny) During this time you can be getting your shower drink coffee, letting the rest of the family get up and wake up! I place it on the counter with a spatula and forks a bowl of Salsa and plates and let everyone serve themselves!