I love these with my morning coffee. So since I was up early, believe me I did not plan on being up so early! I decided I needed one of my favorite treats! Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! P.S. They are also good while they are still warm!
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (Optional)
- course sugar for sprinkling (you can also used colored around the holidays)
Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl
- In you mixing bowl (paddle attachment if you have one) beat sugar(s) and butter til blended. Mix in one egg at a time.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract
- On a low setting mix in flour mixture until well combined
- Add Almonds and dried cranberries
- Once everything is combined turn out on a floured surface divide in half and roll into two logs. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten each log
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and place baking sheet on a cooling rack for 10 minutes
- Reduce Oven Temp to 300
- Using a knife cut logs into diagonal 1/2 slices
- Take slices and place them with the cut side down on the baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven an move them to a cooling rack and let cool.
Hope you enjoy these! An if you want a different type replace the Almonds with — Walnuts, Pecans or even chocolate chips! I use the mini chocolate chips! You can even drizzle them with melted chocolate!