This weekend I am attending a Wind & Design class with my girls and a close friend. The Studio encourages you go bring your own snacks and this is a mid-day class. So since I have been good this week and have gone to Water Aerobics twice and started my Belly Dancing Class (Yes I know this is exercise!) I wanted something good to snack on. So I went to my favorite summer time dip that is sooo good but also not bad for you! I so hope you enjoy this as I know we will during our class! Plus it goes great with wine and pita chips!
3 Bean Dip
- 1 can of Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained
- 1 can of Black Eyed Peas, drained
- 1 small can White Shoepeg Corn, drained
- 2 cups diced up cherry tomatoes (Any type tomatoe will work!)
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (removed the seeds first)
- 1/4 cup (or to taste) of fresh minced cilantro
- 1 small to medium size avocado, peeled, pitted and diced up small
- 4 tables spoons of olive oil
- 2 tables spoons of red win vinegar
- 1 fresh lime or about 2 tables spoons of Key Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for about 15 to 30 minute and serve with chips or pita chips. If you leave it over night make sure you stir it up, the juices will settle to the bottom of the bowl.
**If you do not like the bite of the jalapeno pepper, you can replace them with, red, yellow and green bell peppers.
Amy made a batch of this and shared on our vacation. It was delicious!
I love it! And I even take it for a snack at work!