I just love late summer morning that are cool, you know fall will soon be here! I have to admit that I love the late summer early fall mornings and evenings. It is cool in the am, warms up during the day (not to hot) and the evening are cool enough for a little fire in backyard pit to enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
Well this was the first morning that when I woke up it was 60 degrees, sunny and beautiful morning. So I opened up my house, sat on the porch with my coffee and that overwhelming feeling of wanting to bake just had to be met. So off to the kitchen I went to see what I had on hand! These type mornings call for cinnamon…. So I had plenty of biscuits so Monkey Bread it was!
What you will need to get started.
- 4 cans of buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup of white sugar mixed with 2 table spoons of cinnamon
- Bunt Pan
- small sauce pan
- Cooking spray
- Raisin about 1/2 cup (optional)
- Pecans about 1/2 cup chopped (optional)
- Large Zip-lock bag
Directions (I did a few pics as I made this)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray bunt pan with cooking spray and set aside
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon and put in the large zip-lock bag
- Open biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces
- Place cut biscuits into zip-lock bag with sugar and cinnamon mixture and shake until biscuits and all coated
- Take coated biscuits and place into prepared bunt pan. At this point you can add in nut and raisins if you would like.
- Take brown sugar and butter and place in sauce pan over a medium to high heat, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over biscuits in bunt pan
Place in oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes making sure you check it at about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven when done and let cool 5 minutes, Turn upside down on a cake place or plate and let sit for about 10 to 20 minutes. Carefully lift pan and Enjoy!!!