Beginning of Fall, I just love this time of year. Warm days and cool evenings. Plus for our family that also means hunting season has started! Right now Goose season is in. Which hubby was able to bring a few home. One of your favorite Sunday dishes is Barbecue while watching Football. Hope you enjoy…
Here is what you will need:
- 1 crock pot
- 1 medium size frying pan
- Table spoon of Olive Oil
- Goose meat (I had 2 goose breast – which I leave whole)
- 1 small to medium onion (I use the sweet onions)
- 1 table spoon of crushed garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 32 oz (4 cups) of Chicken broth
- Your favorite Bottle of barbecue sauce (We like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original)
- Place Olive Oil in pan along with onions, garlic and whole goose breast (s).
- Over a medium to high heat brown the goose meat adding salt and pepper to taste
- Once meat is browned place meat, onion and garlic into the crock pot with chicken broth.
- Cook on low heat over night or during the day for about 8 hours (until meat starts to fall apart).
- Once meat has started to fall apart you can drain the liquid.
- Add your favorite barbecue sauce stir let sit about 15 minutes on keep warm temperature then everyone can enjoy!
** I do this recipe with 4 goose breast — If you would like to do more you will need to add more chicken broth. The liquid should just cover the meat in the crock pot. You can add about a cup of water to make it cover the meat if needed.